THE 'APPLE' of GRC
"The Network has delivered a platform that is fresh, beautiful, and simply elegant for the user, adding interface assets that work to engage employees, while providing administrators and executives with the tools needed to truly manage compliance in a proactive fashion."
– Michael Rasmussen, GRC Analyst
Global Ethics & Compliance Programs
The Network supports thousands of customers worldwide and understands the unique challenges in complying with local laws, cultures and regulations while maintaining a best practice ethics and compliance program. Our leading ethics & compliance-focused solutions – anonymous reporting hotline, incident management, reporting and analytics, training and certification, and communications solutions – adapt to language and cultural preferences while providing a consistent, global approach to identifying and mitigating risk issues and incidents. Our mission is to help you build an ethical culture and promote organizational compliance.
Our solutions feature support for international and multi-national organizations:
- International web-based reporting forms with localized language
- Interview Specialists with native language capabilities and live interpretation for telephonic reports, supporting 175 languages
- Meet data privacy requirements relevant to each country to remain compliant
- Actively monitor international regulations and legislation related to data privacy and governance
- International dialing options for easy global access
- Awareness programs that adapt to local cultures and languages to effectively communicate policies
The Network and BDO Consulting Release Fourth Quarter 2012 Corporate Fraud Index
The Network and BDO Consulting have released the Corporate Quarterly Fraud Index for the fourth quarter of 2012. Fraud Reporting Percentage (FRP) decreased slightly from the third quarter of 2012, when fraud reporting set a record high, but rose year-over-year. “Unfortunately, fraud and corporate malfeasance continue to threaten the workplace, in terms of revenue, reputation and employee morale,” said Luis Ramos, CEO of The Network....
Set Example, Train Employees To Build Ethical Culture
In a recent Investor's Business Daily article, Luis Ramos, CEO of The Network, says that ethics compliance should not be viewed as a cost without benefit. "The goal isn't just to say you trained your people. It’s to make sure they understand..."