THE 'APPLE' of GRC
"The Network has delivered a platform that is fresh, beautiful, and simply elegant for the user, adding interface assets that work to engage employees, while providing administrators and executives with the tools needed to truly manage compliance in a proactive fashion."
– Michael Rasmussen, GRC Analyst
Every day companies learn the hard way that without a comprehensive and consistently enforced anti-bribery program in place, the consequences are devastating. The standards for a defensible program are getting higher every day. Preventing bribery must be integrated into the way you operate, all the time, no exceptions.
Whether you have a few employees in one location or thousands scattered around the globe, speaking different languages and encountering different business risks, our anti-bribery solution helps you be compliant with the FCPA.
We’ve used the expertise and experience of our 30 years in the compliance industry to develop a world class anti-bribery package, which is configurable to meet the specific needs of your company. Our package includes:
- Policy Management: part of our Integrated GRC suite, Policy Management gives you a centralized place for employees to reference and attest to policies. We include best practices policy templates for a number of topics, including FCPA.
- Training: Access for all employees to our eLearning course “Global Anti-Bribery: Doing Business Fairly”. This engaging course delivers clear messaging about what constitutes a bribe and how employees can protect themselves and their company against potential bribery issues.
- Awareness materials: Creative and visually appealing electronic or paper media in a variety of formats that can be posted and distributed to keep anti-bribery efforts top of mind and remind employees what to do if they learn of misconduct.
Since even companies with the best anti-bribery programs in the world are not immune from potential issues, it’s critical that you have procedures in place to quickly detect and correct them.
"A well constructed, thoughtfully implemented, and consistently enforced compliance and ethics program helps prevent, detect, remediate, and report misconduct, including FCPA violations." (FCPA Guidance, pg. 56)
DEFENSIBLE FCPA PROGRAMS
In order to be defensible, your program should be:
- Understandable: It’s crucial that your training, awareness materials, policies and Code are written in a way that your employees will actually retain and apply when the time comes.
- Comprehensive: Simply stating ‘Thou shalt not bribe’ once a year is not enough to be defensible.
- Refreshed: When the message and visuals never change, employees stop seeing them.
- Proactive: You must constantly monitor global activities, not just wait for the hotline phones to ring.
- Localized: For employees to understand the risks and the behavior expected of them, messaging must be in a language and cultural cadence that makes sense to them.